The world's strongest and most complete calf raising system.
Calf-Tel Deluxe Hutch
- Inside feeding station
- Right and Left hand accessible
- 2 - 10qt pails with holder
- 2qt bottle with holder (optional)
- Rear door vent & ridge vents
- Group raising system for up to 4 calves
- Treated lumber base
- Rear vents for warmer climates
Calf-Tel Pen System
- 48" wide
- 6' or 7' sides
- System can interlock back to back and side to side
- Light weight and simple to move
- Exterior feeding with 2 - 10qt pails
- 2qt bottle with holder (optional)
Galvanized Calf Pen Fronts
- ¾" Galvanized square tubing
- Double hole feeding
- Optional single lock-up
- Optional bottle holder
- Available in 36, 42 and 48 widths
- Double Galvanized post with I.D. plate
- Ideal for calf pen dividers
- Available in 8', 9' and 10' lengths
- Tongue and groove tops and bottoms
- 8" and 20" in widths
- Plastic U-channels for ends
The only thermoformed hutch available Manufactured using a unique thermoforming process and the highest quality polyethylene plastic, Calf-Tel hutches have strength and durability.
- Thermoformed - more durable (almost indestructible), easier to manage and lasts longer than other molding processes
- High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (HMWPE) - easy to sanitize, resulting in less disease; won't cold crack or break
- Completely opaque - prevents the sun from penetrating the hutch and maintains an even temperature year round. Eliminates the greenhouse effect, resulting in reduced heat stress, suffocation and mortality rates
- UV blocking pigment - promotes longevity. Longest lasting hutch on the market.
CALF-TEL is the Industry's Number One Choice For Calf Housing
Whether you're raising just one calf or thousands of calves, indoors or out, the
Calf-Tel® family of products offers calf raisers around the world the best and most
cost effective systems for raising healthy, productive calves.
Setting Industry Standards
Unique Manufacturing Process
Calf-Tel is the only calf housing system on the market manufactured using a thermoforming process, which
forms the product from an extruded polyethylene sheet. This process results in a molecular bonding within
the plastic that is superior to other methods of plastics manufacturing - providing unmatched strength,
durability and longevity. It's not at all uncommon to see Calf-Tel housing systems in use for 25 years or
more - even in the most brutal weather conditions.
Strength & Durability
Our unique manufacturing process, combined with the use of high molecular weight polyethylene material
and steel, provides unparalleled strength and durability - and at a weight that's easy and efficient to
handle. The galvanized steel frame at the base of every Calf-Tel hutch enables our hutch to maintain a
structural integrity superior to that of un-reinforced plastic hutches. The tubular steel frame, encapsulated
between the formed polyethylene sheets on our indoor calf pen door frames, provides additional rigidity not
found in other plastic pen doors.
Protection from Sun & UV
Calf-Tel housing systems are completely opaque, preventing the sun and UV rays from penetrating the hutch
and subjecting your calves to heat stress. Because of this opaque material, Calf-Tel protects your calves
from the greenhouse effect that can otherwise leave calves vulnerable to heat stress in the summer and
excess condensation and drastic shifts in temperature in the winter. The UV-blocking pigment further adds
to the longevity, helping make Calf-Tel the longest lasting hutch on the market.
Ventilation & Airflow
Adequate ventilation is critical in limiting respiratory problems and heat stress calves may be subjected to
in other housing with little or no ventilation. Calf-Tel housing systems are engineered for superior ventilation
and come standard with the most innovative ventilation features in the industry.
Biosecurity & Calf Health
The polymer material used from which Calf-Tel housing systems is manufactured is non-porous and
impervious to pathogens and manure acids. Unlike wood and other more porous materials, Calf-Tel housing
systems are easy to clean and disinfect and do not absorb or promote bacterial growth - further improving
calf health and performance. When combined with proper management practices, calf raisers have found
that the use of Calf-Tel housing systems contributes towards lower mortality, morbidity, and overall
treatment costs, and can aid in enhanced calf growth.
Efficiency & Economic Benefit
For decades, calf raisers have seen their profitability enhanced by both the durability and efficiency provided
by Calf-Tel housing systems. A longer lasting hutch translates to a lower lifetime cost. It is common to see
the original model hutches, introduced in 1981, still in use today. No other hutch in the world has this
proven track record!
Light and Manageable While Nearly Indestructible
Our manufacturing process creates a nearly indestructible housing system without the extra weight, making the calf housing systems easy to
move and clean. Combine this with trouble-free access to feed and water, and features that enable producers to bed the unit and access the
calf easily, and you end up with labor savings that leave more money in your pocket.